Pages

October 25, 2011

Crossing Items Off the Bucket List

Since I started running in 2006 I had my goals on running in a half marathon.  Well this past weekend, I did just that - so cross that one off the bucket list!

I rolled my ankle about 2 weeks ago and did 4 runs in that time - two of them made things worse forcing a 6day break. I did two, two mile runs while I was in Philadelphia last week.  So needless to say I was out of "shape".  I was forced to walk off and on from miles 8-11 -- I figure about 2 miles total.  But I did cross the finish line!




That was my prize at the end.  My little buddy - who said he was so proud of me!

My official finish finish time - 2:40:32!  I have another 1/2 marathon on the horizon.. this one through Disneyland at the end of January.  So time to start training yet again!  My goal is to shave about 10 minutes off my time.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I love hearing Dave cheer you on. You rock!

    ReplyDelete