Pages

January 5, 2011

Bittersweet Moments

For every parent there are those bittersweet moments.  The moments when you're actually sad to watch your child(ren) grow up - for that brief (and let me stress brief) moment when you wish your son or daughter could freeze in time.

Dave and I had one of those moments on Monday after swim lessons.  Drew was in the back seat talking about "wabbits" - and I said to Dave I'm going to miss the days when he starts pronouncing things correctly.  It'll be another sign that our "baby" is grown up.

Dave chuckled and said, "Why do you think I bring up and have him say 'baden' once in a while when we're in the bathroom getting ready or taking a bath." (For those that don't remember that was how Drew would say water around the ages of 1-2).

While it probably seems like nothing to you, it's just one of those little things I'll miss.  Those sweet little Drew-isms that are slowly fading away as he grows into a wonderful young boy.  Now I wonder if it's possible I'll ever miss the battles, the tantrums, or the "why's"?

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have about 18 years before you need to figure out if you miss those battles, tantrums and "whys". They don't go away - just change (and not necessarily for the better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily you will only remember these wonderful memories. I don't really think about the battles we used to have with Mitchell and his eatting (or lack of). I do remember lots of fun, cute things more though.

    ReplyDelete