Pages

January 27, 2011

Tools of the Trade

As I've mentioned before I've taken on the sport of running.  Granted I'm not a record setter by any means, but I enjoy getting out there and improving both my own distance records and times.  My goal this year is to run a half-marathon.  I'm eying one in October right now.

But since I resumed running earlier this month after a month-long hiatus, I started getting a black toe.  On a toe I was normally getting blisters/callouses at the top, now spread to underneath my nail.  Gross right?

I finally decided it was time to get some new tools - running shoes.  I know and I've heard the best thing to do is get your foot properly measured, your running/walking style evaluated so the proper shoes can be fitted for you.  Last weekend I did just that!





I scored a pair of Nikes!  It was a big change for me since I've always like New Balance for running.  However when I was being fitted for my running/walking/foot - it didn't feel right.  These babies were awesome!  I was going between these and Saucony (another popular running shoe brand).

I decided on these because they're a bit wider, and for those of you who run - you realize your foot swells after a few minutes.  I liked the padding and the extra wiggle room.  My first run in them was pretty iffy - my right foot ended up going numb toward the end of the run.  I later learned from a group of runners - my laces were too tight, and they offered some tips on other ways to tie running shoes based on different ailments. 

Here's that Link for all you who are interested in running, currently running or thinking about taking the addicting plunge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment