Pages

December 9, 2009

Holiday Spirit Week - Bah Humbug

It's almost Christmas, so I'm helping you get into the holiday spirit with a Christmas themed blog every day this week.

What's on tap today? Saturday Morning's Bah Humbug 5K race. I've run this three times in the last four years. And the past two years I had my own cheering section:

My last race, I had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction (if you missed that story you can catch up here). This time, no wardrobe issues, but rather an iPod malfunction. I turned it on just as I hit the starting line, but I paused it while they were talking and trying to pump us up. When it came time to start running - it crashed! (I'm hoping there was some glitch. I haven't tried it again).

Here I am crossing the finish - I'm #240 in green (you know the red faced chick).

My official time - 32:21! Only 8 seconds slower than my personal best reached at the race in October. Not bad for only running 3 times in the week before the race (I had taken about a 1 month hiatus from running). I'm happy with those results.

Tomorrow be sure to check back for a look at the Koch family Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment