Pages

December 15, 2009

"I Made Water"

"I made water" - those were Drew's words last night when he reached another major milestone. He went potty in his big boy potty for the first time! Here's how it all went down...

I was in the kitchen making dinner, so Daddy went to go change Drew's diaper and get him in his PJ's. Apparently during the diaper change, Drew started to squirt, so Daddy said "Why don't you hold it and we'll go on your big potty".

So he carried a naked Drew into the bathroom and sat him on the potty. Drew looked around and Daddy tried to sit on the big potty to "show him how to do it" when suddenly he was - peeing.

In the process, Drew looks between his legs and says "I make water"!

I of course hear all the excitement from the kitchen, but didn't want to come into the picture too soon, less I prevent the "water from flowing". Needless to say, Drew received a lot of kudos and a handful of M&Ms. Time will tell if this was a fluke or if we're finally on to something.

3 comments: