Pages

September 6, 2011

Hawaii From Above the Water

I was trying to put a video together on this, but for whatever reason my various movie makers wouldn't recognize either the video or the music I wanted to play, so I gave up.  Instead you get a snapshot look at our craziest Hawaiian adventure - parasailing.  I was rather nervous about this one since I recently heard about some couples who died while doing this in the Bahamas and Tampa.

So I apparently had a death wish when I let Dave talk me into doing this one. I agreed to do the middle-of-the road height, 800 feet (lowest was 400, highest 1200).  Of course that is until we got on the boat and all 6 other couples - well 1 couple and a family of four, 2 adults and 2 kids - were all doing 1200 feet.  I agreed to go the extra 400 feet higher.

Here we are in our saner moments, just after boarding.



And then it was our turn, we went second....

These are all pictures they took for us (of course we paid extra for them)





When we got on we had to let them know if we wanted to get wet - we all said yes.  That means they dip you into the water!



Needless to say - it was amazing.  Unlike Dave who was hardly hanging onto ropes during the ride, I held on nice and tight!  But we survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment