Pages

December 22, 2010

Work Perks

If I haven't said it on here before - I love my job.  Gone are the days of being a total stress case like was when I worked in TV news.  I can leave work and for the most part check-out.  No need to stay on top of everything that's going on the world.  I can go home to my cave and detach.

Working here, it's an awesome family friendly environment.  Don't get me wrong it's not all roses all the time.  I do actually have to work hard, but in comparison to my previous career, it's well, awesome!

Last week we had our annual company meetings.  All the guys who work remotely fly in and we have meetings, lunches and a lot of laughs.  This year was no exception.  On day one we surprised the boss with matching T-Shirts.


If you need glasses to read what our shirts say - it has "I've been Haberized" embroidered on them along with the number of stars/Haberizations you've had.  To let you in on the inside joke... our boss' last name is Haber, and one of my co-workers (the big tall guy in the back - who is wearing A LOT of stars) coined the term Haberized.

Haberized: Getting called out for not doing something right, saying something wrong, or just plain old being a moron.  Especially when you don't follow the boss' philosophy of "yes, yes, absolutely yes!"

We then had our annual dinner - this time at the Blackhawk Country Club.  For you out-of-towners, this is a very elite club and has a lot of wealthy connotations to it.  Growing up in Antioch, we looked at Blackhawk as the Beverly Hills of Northern California. 

Our group shot taken by the waiter was blurry, so you don't get to see how nice the surroundings were.  Let's just say it was a fantastic evening and I so greatly enjoyed the bottle of 2005 Opus One Cabernet we had with dinner.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I've never tasted wine that was so good.  Put my previous favorite to shame!

Then on Friday it was ladies day at the spa.  Talk about hard working conditions!





Of course I didn't get shots during our 60 minute body massage plus 30-minute foot massage.  I was otherwise engaged. 

The boys were supposed to go golfing, but Mother Nature had other idea.  Thankfully the spa is indoors!!

Oh and the real kicker... the boss created a vacation benefit package for us employees.  A company timeshare in Maui.  I'm first up on the travel circuit next year!! Maui here we come!!!

Is there any question why I love my job? 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! YOur boss is amazing!
    I think I told you on FB that mine gave a $50. That's how it's been for 13 years.
    Hmph.

    ReplyDelete