Pages

December 6, 2010

How the Grinch Stole the Finish Line

For the first time in four years Dave left the sidelines and hit the pavement instead. He and Drew ran the Bah Humbug 5K with me.

We went to the race headquarters and got some warm-up stretching and exercises in. Even Drew got into the action.


 When the time came to line up, I left the boys since Dave was pushing the stroller and would be slower. I managed to catch a few shots along the way.



The crowd shortly after we left the gates.



Mile 1 (I didn't realize I paced myself the entire race with the guy in the giants hat - he finished just behind me).



Lonely mile 2. I was averaging 11 minute miles at this point.



Only 1/10th of a mile away.



And just as I'm about to cross the finish.



Here comes Dave and Drew. Dave is in the green shirt in the middle.



And there they go racing for the finish.

We both did well, beating our goals - mine was to finish under 35 minutes (I was about 34). Dave's goal to run the entire race without stopping and to finish under 45minutes. He was only a few seconds over (official results are not online yet).

It was so great to cheer my boys on at the finish. What a great way to kick off the holiday season.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: