Pages

December 31, 2010

Exploring the Exploritorium

I admit, I've been taking a break from blogging.  I'm off work this week, and I'm enjoying myself (now that I'm no longer puking my guts out - see the previous blog).

Yesterday we joined my high school friend Nicole and her son Griffin who are visiting from Hawaii for the holidays - in San Francisco for a good part of the day.  When it's a clear day in the city, it's an amazing experience.  So when we drove over the Bay Bridge and could see the Golden Gate Bridge - I knew it was going to be a perfect magical day in the City.

We got to the Exploritorium early (traffic the week after Christmas ROCKS!) and got to see the ducks floating in the water near the Palace of Fine Arts.  I also caught a few shots of Drew in front of the beautiful building.


And in front of a tree near the Exploritorium entrance.


Once inside we started jammin'


And Drew and Griffin tried making a tornado out of the smoke.


Drew, Griffin and Nicole were rolling wheels down the track. Can you believe science can be fun?!


And Drew and Griffin are playing in front of the color wall!  Sometimes you have to make sure the color shadow wall stays upright.


Other times its all about perspective...



It was a fantastic day in the City. And I have to say it was AWESOME to have a new GPS in the City (Dave's new Christmas present). It was fantastic to see Nicole again, and while we missed her husband Todd (who is deployed back East), we were thrilled the were able to make time for us during their brief stay in the Bay Area.

Plus to come to the Exploritiorium, which I think has been about 15+ years since I've been there (I'm sure it was a Physics field trip in High School)... talk about a blast from the past.  It's the same, yet different.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful day in San Francisco. Looks like the boys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete