Pages

October 11, 2013

The 60/40 Party

Last month we had a 60/40 Party for my parents at my Brother and Sister-in-Law's house.  What's a 60/40 party you ask?  Well it's a 60th birthday party for both my parents who turned 60 in September, and an anniversary party honoring their 40th Wedding Anniversary coming up later this month.

We asked them what they wanted to do for their Birthdays/Anniversary - since clearly it's a big one for both celebrations.  They came back with they wanted to have a nice dinner with the entire family.  So what did we do - we threw them a fancy dinner party.  Surf and turf - Filets and Lobster, and who can forget the wine?

There was one little surprise in store for them though.... a special guest that they didn't know about.  Here's the video surprise courtesy my sister-in-law Rana's cell phone.



That's my Mom's Cousin Jodi who flew in that day from Minnesota/Wisconsin.  And here's the photographic proof of the surprise...


We took a plethora of pictures that night... here are the highlights.


My sister Lisa and her youngest Chloe


Dave and my brother Matt hamming it up


Jodi and my Mom (aka Grammy)

My Grandma (aka GG) and Aunt Connie (aka Jodi's Mom and Grandma's Sister)


Drew
 Aunt Connie and GG


Dave and I

My brother Matt and Rana


Dave, Jodi, and my Dad (aka GrampC) - I think my Dad is trying to do Dave's "eyebrow" thing.  At least I'm hoping he's trying to do something other than look like a big dork...


Matt photobombing the picture of Dave and my Dad.


One of the bottles of wine we drank - I think it was a double magnum.  Gone in about 15 minutes :)


I believe this was the third bottle of wine opened... I liked the name of it.


Rana, Avery (Matt and Rana's youngest) and Jodi

Jodi (aka the baby hog) and Avery


One of the dinner tables (we had a total of 3).  

Matt and Avery - she was a happy girl that night!

It was a great night and I think my parents had a great time - which is all that counts.  Hard to imagine those days when we were living in California just the five of us, while everyone else was back in Minnesota and how small our dinner tables were.  Now we stretch into 3!  Wonderful time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment