Pages

October 18, 2012

Later Gator!

As I hinted yesterday in my Primo's half marathon recap, Dave "ran" the race himself.  Well not exactly as himself...


That would be Dave inside the Gator costume... standing next to him is Drew's principal.

He and the participants from Drew's school gathered before the race to get a group photo.  Clearly I was not in this since I was 1/2 way through running my half marathon.


Each school had a "theme" and our theme was Hawaiian... thus all the leis and Sally Gator's Hawaiian shirt.
Dave said it was a blast!  He really only needed to show up at the start and finish.  I guess just before they were going to pack it up, he told the principal to give him a minute... where he proceeded to dance to the music of the live band for a whopping 20 minutes!  I guess the principal would whisper to him a few times... "are you sure you're okay in there?"

For those that don't know, Dave was a mascot when we first started dating for the Sonoma County Crushers - an independent baseball team which no longer exists.  That costume weighed nearly 150 lbs... this one was much easier.

1 comment:

  1. I sure had a blast being Sunny Gator! It helped that the weather was perfect...cool. I've already been asked to do it again in early November. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete