Pages

October 2, 2012

And BINGO was his Name-o

Now that Drew is in school we can enjoy the fun that comes with the PTA.  About two weeks ago I volunteered for my first PTA fundraising event and then we participated in it as a family - Bingo. We never played bingo with Drew, but I figured it would be the perfect thing for our TKer.  He loves games, understands the concepts quickly and can identify letters, numbers and patterns.

What we didn't count on was our luck.  We were given 5 bingo boards and then in true bingo fashion certain games had certain rules - like in one game you had to make a vertical line (horizontal lines didn't count), other games it had to be diagonal, make a T, etc.

Over the course of the evening they probably played 20 games (we often built on/continued the same game) and Drew won four times!

Well technically Dave and I kept winning, Drew's boards weren't lucky, but we let him pick out all the prizes.

Those are the prizes he picked... cars that he can paint, the Hulk Operation game, a basketball and a lego watch.

That evening when I was putting him to bed he was nearly in tears upset because he didn't get the bingo - it was always Daddy or me.  I cheered him up by reminding him he got all the prizes anyway.

I have to admit when we won our 4th and final game in blackout - we were rather embarrassed.  About a week later another TKer's mom who was there - and won twice - was laughing with me about how embarrassing it was, but fun for the kids as well.  Since that Friday night Bingo, Drew has asked to go back to school and play again.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. pg slot

    ReplyDelete