Pages

March 7, 2012

What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Yesterday I mentioned all the fun we had in the snow during this past weekend's trip to Lake Tahoe - where they had 18" of new snow that week.  It made for perfect sledding conditions!

The first several runs we all tried to go down together - each of us on our own sleds.  It's really hard to go down that big of a hill holding onto Drew.  So after a few runs that first day I let Dave and Drew make the trek to the "top" and come down.


Here is a little video of Dave and Drew on one of their runs... it's from my cell phone so it's not super great quality, but is the easiest to upload.



Of course I did go down a few times with Drew as well...


See holding onto a sled while going down yourself tends to lead to some crazy stunts - like the backward 4 year old.


At a certain point you give up holding on... like this one here with Dave and Drew.


After so many runs, Drew's no dummy - he doesn't want to walk up the hill anymore.  Or am I the dummy for dragging him??



Coming down is sure a lot more fun than going up!


I love this one of Drew carrying his own slide up the hill (I was up there waiting for him - he wanted to go down head first by himself so I remained at the top of the hill).


But Daddy's brave enough to go down on his stomach flying like Superman with Drew (it was really icy and bumpy that second day - I wasn't feeling that dare devil-ish)


I had so many more pictures of sledding, but I think you get the idea... it was fun and what goes up must come down.

No comments:

Post a Comment