Pages

June 23, 2011

Come Again?

If you spend a full day with Drew (or likely any 3 year old for that matter) you will find yourself shaking your head or chuckling to yourself a lot about the random things they do or say.

Case in point, my frequent conversations with Drew after I pick him up from School.  Here's how they usually go down:

Me: How was school?  What did you do today?
Drew: I don't know.
Me: Did you play with any friends?
Drew: Yes.
Me: Who?
Drew: I don't know.
Me: What did you learn today?
Drew: I don't know

I'm always oh so glad we had that discussion...

Other days this is the conversation:

Me: How was your day?
Drew: I didn't hit anyone today

I'm thinking - well gee isn't that swell!  Since I hear this only once a month, does that mean you're pummeling your friends every other day of the month?

Then two nights ago,  I really wished I'd have had the video camera for this one... we're driving to Chili's for dinner when I got a call from our friend Brian (Ms. Stephanie - our former day care provider's husband) asking if we wanted to come over.  I told him we were headed to Drew's swim lessons, but we'd try and swing by afterward if Drew was still in the mood - he can get really cranky afterward due to the later hour.

After hanging up with Brian I asked Drew if he thought he'd feel up to going over there - Drew's response (you have to imagine him saying this with all the flair and attitude a 3 year old can muster):

"I think that's a brilliant idea!"

He emphasized the "brilliant" sort of like brillll-i-ant.  I have no idea where he picked that one up... but I died laughing - and had to call Brian back to tell him what Drew said and that we would in fact be there that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment