Pages

April 20, 2011

Shadowing a Legend

Saturday was a busy busy day at our house.  Being kidless for the weekend so we could attend a wedding, we also decided to sign up for the Pat's Run - San Francisco Shadow Run.  This is the annual run is in Tempe, Arizona - which I ran in Tempe last year.  I've done this race that I've done for the past 3 years (the race is actually in its 7th year).  Dave decided to run the 4.2 miles (Pat Tillman an ASU alum was #42 in college).

It was a great day in San Francisco

Here's Dave and I in near where the race started - in the background you see a foggy Golden Gate Bridge.

To the right of where we are standing is "The Rock" - Alcatraz.  Not as foggy in that direction.

So our run brought us nearly to the base of the Golden Gate Bridge.  Can you imagine running with this as your view?


Here's a shot of us after the race.


 My final time - 45:15.  I had my Running app track me for 4.25 miles (so .05 longer than I was supposed to run - my app only measures in 1/4 miles).  Dave didn't turn around at the correct spot, so he actually ran 4.5 miles with a time of 48 minutes.  He believes his app told him he hit 4.25 miles in about 46:30ish - so he was a minute-and-a-half-behind me.  Oh did I mention he didn't train at all for this (I'm sure he'd add that tidbit if I wasn't forthright).

To give you some perspective.  When I first did this race at Pat Tillman's High School in San Jose back in 2009 my official time was 45:01.  For a race recap and pictures you can check here.

And last year when I joined 30,000 other runners across the 42 yard line at Arizona State, my time wasn't so great - 48:31.  I wasn't used to running in the heat!  For pictures along the race route and a recap of that one you can visit this page.

I guess that means it's time to start training for my half-marathon....

Update: On 4/21 I snipered received a snapshot of all of the SF Shadow Run participants...


Dave and I are just behind the yellow sign off toward the left - sort of behind the guy wit the maroon and gold jersey.  

2 comments:

  1. Good job to both of you! Mel and I just signed up for a halfie next January. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was beautiful weather in the city. It was really fun to participate for the Pat Tillman foundation and be there with Brenda. It was tough but I made it. I look forward to doing it again next year.

    ReplyDelete