Pages

April 7, 2011

My "Resolutions" Update

Not a lot happening at home.  Same old thing, although Drew was incredibly excited to wear his "Rocky outfit" to school today for Tuff Tumblers (his tumbling class).  So, since we're now 1/3 of the way through 2011 I figured I'd update you on some of my personal resolutions and where I'm at.


Resolution 1: 
To run 475 miles this year.  That's an average of 9+ miles/week.  As of this morning I have run 99.5 miles.  So I'm fairly certain I'll reach that goal.


Resolution 2: 
To read 40 books this year.  I'm just starting #16.  Again, with all my travels this year I'm highly certain I'll reach this one too. 

Here's a look at the "list" along with my rating system:
1.) My Antonia (+)
2.) Cutting for Stone (-)
3.) The Story of Edgar Sawtelle (-)
4.) Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet (++)
5.) The Missing by Tim Gautreaux (+)
6.) Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (+) Slow start, good ending
7.) 9th Judgment (+)
8.) Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (++)
9.) Water for Elephants (+++)
10.) Dark Places - Gilllian Flynn (+, dark.. slow start)
11.) Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter (-)
12.) The Book Thief (+)
13.) The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (-)
14.) A Reliable Wife (+)
15.) The charlamagne Pursuit (+)
16.) The Lacuna ()

1 comment: