Pages

April 27, 2009

Busy Bee Weekend

It was a crazy busy weekend in the Briseno household!

Starting on Friday, Drew & I joined some friends from my Sept/Oct Mommy group at the San Francisco Zoo. She has a little guy the same age as Drew (a few weeks younger to be exact).

As you can see Drew was awfully interested in sticking leaves up the noses of fake animals - rather than catching the glimpses of the sleeping ones in the exhibits. Very few animals were actually awake or in their exhibits. Drew made do by playing with leaves and dirt.

We had an awesome time, and managed to keep warm despite the blustery SF day.

Saturday is when all the craziness began! It started bright and early - 4:30am to be exact when our not-so-sleepy Drew decided it was time to wake up (our alarm was set for 5am). That's because I was running in Pat's Run - a race for Pat Tillman. He was on the ASU football team while I was there - and he's probably the most familiar casualty of the Afghanistan war.

Anyway, was a 4.2 mile run - the longest race I've done to date. My official time - 45:01! I'm stoked! Drew & Daddy were there to cheer me on at the start and finish line. This is a new annual tradition for us, and Dave says he'll run in it next year... um, I'll believe it when I see it!

That night was our anniversary celebrations - so Drew went to Grammy & GrampC's for the weekend. We managed to make it to a movie - I don't remember the last time we saw something in the theatre. And then to waste a bit of time after the movie we walked through the mall - where we were trying to do some shopping for Drew. What happens, we get time alone and we're still thinking about the little guy.

That night we had the most fabulous dinner at Forbes Mill in Danville. They treated us like royalty giving us specially printed menus with our names and "Happy Anniversary" written on it. Very nice touch. And topping it off - Dave and I were in bed by 10pm. I guess that's what happens when the little guy wakes you up at the crack of dawn, and you run in a big race.

No comments:

Post a Comment