Pages

November 3, 2010

Mommy & Drew Day - The Good Stuff

As you saw a preview of over the weekend, Mommy and Drew Day wasn't all roses.  But there were some fun times - at least until I made the mistake to take Drew to the pumpkin patch.

See this all came to be because Drew's school was closed on Friday, and I took the day off to have this special Mommy/Son day.  Silly me to think my 3 year old would be as excited about it as I was.  

First we had to wait for our dryer to be delivered and installed, but by about 10:15am that was done.  Then I took him to Super Franks - which he remembers from his friend's birthday party back in June (we've been there  a few times since).  But he had a blast!  We played in a few of the rooms and then stopped for a bite to eat.



In that glow in the dark room - called the Fish Tank - he jumped his heart out.  He was having so much fun in there - and I kept thinking to myself "go ahead and tire yourself out.  A nap is in both of our futures."

Finally at about 1:00 we left Super Franks and I made the call to pick up the pumpkins Daddy needed us to get at the Patch near our house - just a small one.  It started out great!  I wanted to get a few pictures with him around the patch and with some pumpkins...


But he quickly wanted to stop with the pumpkins and take advantage of the rides.  He stopped cooperating for photos.

So I told him he got one ride - and he had to pick. What was his choice?


The jumpy house of course.  As if he didn't get enough of that at Super Franks!  He was thrilled.  Until he got off and well you can read/see Saturday's post to get the idea of how the afternoon ended.

For now let's focus on the positive and when I wasn't so anxious to sell my child on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment