Pages

November 8, 2010

Reluctant Purging

So I'm a little late with today's blog post - for those religious readers who stop what they're doing at work to read the 8am (PT) bulletin.  It was a little busy this weekend.

Dave left Friday for LA because of a death in the family (his Uncle) and I was left to keep things running on the home front. On Sunday we had to get up early to pick Dave up at the airport.  Of course Drew decides to get car sick as I'm making my first loop around the airport to avoid the wrath of the rent-a-cops who yell at drivers who linger on the curb in front of the terminal.  

Thankfully they didn't call me out I returned and parked curbside, stripped Drew down and placed him in the front seat while I cleaned up vomit from his clothes, car seat, and other areas it projected to.  I guess no one wanted to get close to a mom wringing out puke. 

When we got home Dave showered then took my car to go and sit at the BART station while he took BART to the Raiders/Chiefs football game.  His car was in the shop because a rat or other rodent ate the wiring in his car, causing it not to start (seriously - I can't make this stuff up).

Since Dave took my only means of transportation to accomplish my errands, I was stuck at home with Drew.  I wasn't going to walk anywhere in the rain - although if it was a dry day I'd have considered it!  So instead I decided to tackle the clutter around the house - namely Drew's influx of crap toys.

It was the great toy purge of 2010 right inside my house.  I threw away 3 trash bags full of stuff, got piles ready to hand down, packed away things I'm holding onto and also cleaned the house while I was at it.  By 4pm I was WIPED out.  Drew did amazingly well despite the fact I practically ignored him all day.

Of course purging toys while the child is awake is "fun".  He would get so excited seeing a toy he hadn't played with in a year or two and pull it out of whatever "pile" it was in and begin playing with it again.  Eh, as long as it kept him busy for a bit, what was I going to do?  Drew always put it back into is respective pile... so he was "helping," sort of.

It feels so good to be organized and a little more clutter free.  I miss the days of having a basement though....

No comments:

Post a Comment