Pages

December 13, 2011

We Beat Daddy, Bah Humbug!

Drew was so excited to run in his 2nd "Grinch" 5K (3.1 miles).  Well to be honest I pushed him in the jogger this year (Daddy did it last year) and he braved the cold and very windy morning without much complaint.


Daddy was with us at the Start line...


But when the "gun" went off he ran ahead, while I was stuck at the back of the line because of the stroller.  Once we were out of the herd of people I managed to pass Daddy... much to Drew's delight.

The entire race he sat perched up in the stroller commanding me "Go faster Mommy, there are people way up there.  You have to beat them."  Occasionally he'd peer around his strollers asking "Where's Daddy". 

I smoked him buddy ;)

We hit the finish line and then circled back to cheer Daddy on - who is looking to get in shape before softball season...


And here's a bad shot of Daddy getting crossing the Finish line (he's in the Santa hat) and was caught in a group of people.


And we have to get the family finishing photo....


So here's our official race results:
  • Brenda - 32:49, 30th place out of 64 women in my age range, 186 overall
  • Dave - 36:02, 15th place  out of 27 men in his age range, 211 overall
My personal best is about 30-seconds faster, which I think I could've beat if it wasn't so wind AND I wasn't pushing a 35lb 4 year old in a stroller.  I'm impressed with my finish regardless - and Dave's too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with you all! What a great example you're setting for Drew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smoked him buddy ;) - Awesome! lol.

    ReplyDelete