Pages

December 6, 2011

Old Friends and Santa

On Friday we were invited back as alumni to Ms. Stephanie's annual Daycare Family Christmas dinner.  Of course we are invited back year after year because Dave plays an awesome Santa.... Here is last year's dinner and I think this is the first one  from two years ago.  There wasn't a point in doing it Drew's first year - he was the only kid she watched for a long time.

Well Friday night the house was filled with I think 9 kids and 11 adults.  It was a fun night of friends, laughs and prime rib (kids had pizza).  Forgive the cellphone pictures, I forgot my camera at home.  And then I played photographer for Ms. Stephanie with her camera - which is far more important than my own pictures.

The kids getting dinner ready (Drew is to the right side below Amber - who is in the black shirt).

Drew talking to Santa (Daddy).

Ms. Stephanie's 6 year old figured out this year it was Dave and then whispered to Drew the secret that Dave was Santa.  Drew came over to me and asked... I nonchalantly said that Daddy went to home to get his shoes - which he did forget for this costume.  You can't tell, but he's wearing socks instead of shoes.


And as you can see this party tuckered Drew out.  He fell asleep before we hit the main road home.  He cuddled with the Grinch all weekend (we ran the Bah Humbug 5K the next morning - and Drew was the designated Grinch holder).

No comments:

Post a Comment