Pages

December 13, 2013

Star of the Week

The week before Thanksgiving Drew was his Kindergarten Class' Star of the Week.  At the beginning of the year, parents were asked to prepare a folder highlighting their child.  Here is Drew's:



The first page shows:
When I'm not at school I love to: "Go to the Beach"
My Self Portrait
My Family
My Favorites:  Food - Pizza, Sport - Baseball, Restaurant - McDonalds, Game - Uno, Toy - Angry Bird Telepods
Book - I Spy Treasure Hunt

And the inside of his folder:

I showed pictures of his family - Grand parents, Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins

And the back:

I highlighted the different States he's traveled to (yes I know DC isn't a state, but you know what I mean).

Every day that week Drew got to bring/do something that he could show off .  He shared his favorite book (which that day was the Shel Silverstein "Everything on It", his favorite CD (A Kids Bop CD that included the Taylor Swift song "Teardrops on my Guitar" because it says his name), and he shared his Dad's baby Moccasins.  



On  Wednesday of that week, Dave and I were invited to come in and talk about Drew, share stories, his folder and talk about us.  The kids were a riot asking all sorts of questions and telling us about all of their traveling adventures.  

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment