Pages

December 9, 2013

Disney Escapades

While I was in Orlando last month for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon, I managed to get a little sightseeing in - without any entry to the parks.  In fact my visiting went between my hotel, the neighboring hotel and the ESPN Wide World of Sports where the race expo was located.


At the expo I had a chance to listen to Jeff Galloway - and Olympic runner and the "creator" of the run/walk method.  Very interesting and motivational discussion he had for this race... he was using it to build time for his marathon training run in the beginning of December - he's trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon.


Just a fun picture for the Wine and Dine...


Afterward I went back to the hotel so I could try and get a nap, but first I did a little sight seeing at the hotel I was staying at... Pop Century.



The hotel is themed by decades... 50's, 60's, 70's where I stayed, 80's and 90's.  It was kind of fun.



This giant yo-yo was located right outside my room.

But the hotel that I would love to stay at next trip to Disney is the Art of Animation - located right behind my hotel.  It was amazing the amount of detail.  Here's the playground.


There's Nemo, Cars...




That's me with Lighting McQueen...



And there's Lion King....



Little Mermaid....



After making the loop I returned back to my hotel... Pop Century.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment