Pages

September 12, 2012

Mommy's Birthday Letter to Drew - Age 5

Drew,

While five years seems like such a long time in your world, today I remember how just "yesterday" you came into our lives changing our world forever - for the better.  Happy 5th birthday buddy!

In the past  year:
  • we've seen you graduate from preschool
  • start Kindergarten (TK to be exact) 
  • make new friends
  • listened every morning to the amazing tales you tell about your dreams that night
  • achieve that 42" height that lets you ride all those "big kid" rides 
  • take on new tests like conquering levels in your favorite game Angry Birds or tackling Temple Run 
  • celebrated with you when you decided you were ready to stop wearing pull-ups at night
  • started going to the "cinema" to watch movies
  • marveled at how your writing and artwork has improved
  • watched your fascination for Rocky Balboa start to turn to all things Angry Birds (who knew that if Rocky & Angry Birds were in a match together, the Angry Birds would win?)
With every year I watch you grow, I grow as well.  While my patience may be stretched thin some days, my heart and love for you always overflows.  You are the smartest, most amazing child and we are truly blessed to have you in our lives.

Some of my wishes for you... I hope you keep that perfectionist side of you, but learn to give yourself a little slack.   I hope with age you learn to find some patience with the world as well as yourself.  I hope you find friends that challenge you as well as support you - and I hope you offer the same in return.  I hope you always thirst for knowledge and continue to strive to learn all you can.

Thank you for being the great boy you are - keep it up.  Your Daddy and I couldn't be prouder of you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment