Pages

August 27, 2009

Peeping Tom - Already

I know when you have a boy (or any child for that matter) they're going to embarrass you. I did after all have a brother so I saw first hand the misery he put my mom through... like walking through Denny's with his pants hiked up like Steve Urkel, snorting and saying something to the fact of "Don't you Love Me Mom .?Why are you walking away from me ?"

Well this weekend, Drew's started doing it too. On Friday we went to Chevy's for dinner, and Drew needed yet another diaper change (his second during dinner). After getting him off the diaper changing station located in the handicapped stall, I put him down on the ground. All you moms, I'm sure know what's coming....

Drew looks under the stall at the poor woman doing her business and says "I See You! Hi!" Then proceeds to wave with his white gloves at the poor woman.

Had I been smart, I would have apologized to her. Instead I scolded Drew, and was humiliated while I put the contents of his diaper bag back together. The poor woman ran out of there so fast I never had the chance to say anything. Come to think of it, I wonder if she even washed her hands...

But this is just one of many instances I'm sure we'll have with my little "Peeping Tom".

Hands update: Last night I did my first solo bandage change (Dave is in St. Louis on Business). It went better than expected - I think Drew's resigned that he has to go through this torture, and he didn't fight me too much. In fact he was laughing and singing with me when I changed the bandages on his left hand.

The Right hand (burned worse) wasn't quite the same story. It started out well, while taking off the bandages, then when it was exposed, he flipped. I need to look at the blisters to see how they're healing and such, and he wasn't having it. I think I spotted what could be an infection forming, but Drew wouldn't sit still enough to get a great look at it.

So I think I'm going to schedule an appointment for him today to have the doctor look at it. I'd feel better getting it checked out now, rather than our scheduled re-check on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment