Pages

August 31, 2009

Hair-Raising Wake-Up

Talk about a hair-raising experience!

On Thursday morning I was busy online trying to figure out if Drew's hands could be infected when I hear a chipper little boy calling out "Mommy, Daddy!"

I go into our room (Drew slept with me that night because Dave was in St. Louis) and I found this! The kid was a mess of hair, apparently all that rolling around a CalKing bed will do that to you.

He was so funny about it too, that is until we went to comb it out. Then it wasn't so fun or funny for that matter.

Hands update: On Saturday we changed the bandages (with the help of Grammy) and they looked a million times better than Thursday after the doctor's visit. I'm not sure whether this is because of the new ointment or the new bandages but there's progress!

On his left hand we left all of his fingers exposed so the air can do it's healing thing. On his right hand we left only his his pointer finger covered since that looked really raw yet - and it didn't help the bandage had stuck to it. We only had to put the outer "glove" on his right hand. The left I just taped exceptionally well to almost "cast" it.

Then last night I needed to fix the right glove - Drew poked his pointer finger through the bandage, and it needed to get recovered. In doing that, I noticed one of the other fingers on his right hand wasn't looking great - a little discolored - so we went ahead and covered the whole hand, minus the thumb. And for good measure we rebandaged the left hand. I was hoping to leave that hand completely open now, but there was one area that looked a bit raw and needed a bit more ointment, so we only covered up the palm again.

I think by tomorrow's dressing change the left hand will be bandage free, and his right only the palm will remain covered. FINALLY! Only 2 1/2 weeks later!

No comments:

Post a Comment