Pages

August 27, 2013

Star Spangled Run

I nearly forgot, mostly because it was a run I'd like to forget and block out of my mind.  But on the 4th of July my neighbor and I decided spur of the moment to run the local 4th of July 5K.  And I mean spur of the moment.  The night of the 3rd, in the midst of drinking wine and Birthday celebrations we decided we'd run 3.1 miles in the morning, neither of us being really dedicated in our running regimen lately.


Here we are the morning of the race.  It was ridiculously hot, but worse it was muggy!  Now my midwest family and friends are saying - hehe humid, you don't know humid.  Well this was just like you experience every day of the summer, and it was only 7:15am. 

My final time 37:40.  An embarrassing time - for me.  I had to walk a majority of the route due to the heat.  The highlight of the run... the drizzle that hit us at the finish line.  Thankfully the rain broke the humidity... a little too late though.

So we did the run and boy was it ugly - well at least for me.  I finished

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment