Pages

August 28, 2013

Guy's Weekend

It's a big year for my parents, my Dad especially - in June he retired and then a couple weeks later it was Father's Day (he's also coming upon his 60th birthday and 40th Wedding Anniversary).  So for his retirement/Father's Day gift, we gave him his dream trip to Dodger Stadium.

Not long after meeting Dave about 14 years ago, and learning he was a Dodger Fan, my Dad has wanted to visit Dodger Stadium.  He'd never been.  So that's what he did with Dave and my brother in tow.  They met up with Dave's Dad as well for a true guy's weekend.

Well it was quite the party... Dave and my Dad drove down on Friday and checked into the Embassy Suites just in time for the free "happy hour".  Then David (aka Tata) met up with the boys.  The reports of what happened next are a little "fuzzy" so I take it it was one of those nights where boys will be boys.

The next morning Dave and my Dad awoke and met my brother Matt at the airport (he had a wedding the night before) and then they set out for the ball game.  They decided to play it smart and take cabs everywhere they went - aka a paid DD.


I think this has to be the "happiest place on earth" for Dave.  So I'm posting pictures found on the camera - because girls weren't invited, but I get to post the blog, I am taking some liberties at posting...

Found a picture of Andre Ethier... a former Sun Devil....


The view from their seats...



My Dad was in 7th heaven.  He's still talking about the trip a month and a half later.  And it was also obvious how much fun he was having with all the texts he was sending to me and probably half the people in his contact list.   The whole family was "lectured' by Grammy about how GrampC went over his text minutes so texting was off limits for a few weeks...


Happy GrampC and Uncle Matt

Two of the 3 "its"... GrampC and Tata (the 3rd "it"is Grandpa who was in New York)


I received a crapload of texts from everyone with pictures, but I apparently deleted them all - but here is GrampC on the drive back home at Tommy's.  It's a chili burger fast food restaurant that is Dave's "staple" when visiting LA.  Dave had to take GrampC to his first Tommy's experience.  Let's just say I am happy I wasn't in the car for the remainder of that trip...


While the boys were away, Drew and I enjoyed some time "house sitting" at  Grammy and GrampC's house.  Grammy was back in Minnesota for a family reunion.  It is really tough house sitting at Camp Grammy's....






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment