Pages

August 30, 2011

Shake Your Coconuts

I've been to a Luau, Dave hasn't so we of course had to hit one up on Maui - my brother said we had to do one in particular.  My sister who honeymooned in Maui in May and also visited this luau....


It is right behind the grocery store we frequented, but right along the water, which made for some beautiful fun pictures....



And of course some of the fun of a luau is the history and the kalua pig being unearthed from the underground oven (Imu in Hawaiian).





After that finishes we're able to enjoy more free drinks (included with the admission) and the sights.  This photo below is with our backs to the water and looking out at the hula stage and the Maui Mountains.  Our table is just to the right of that house looking building.



 We of course had to take advantage of the sunsets!

But we're not only there for the hula dancers, but the food!

Yep, that's my plate!  Note yesterday's blog bragging about how much I lost between trips was before I ate and drank my way through vacation (although for the record I only gained 3 1/2 lbs).


And then there's of course the hula!








Of course if Dave can get a shot with the hula dancers in their coconuts... he's gonna do it!



A very memorable Monday evening. This was the first event we'd had planned that trip... I've been sharing things completely out of order and will continue to do so.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete