Pages

August 29, 2011

Hawaii Then, and Now

Before I left for Hawaii nearly 1 1/2 weeks ago, I was thrilled to see what progress I've made in my weight loss.  It was after my first trip to Oahu in 2006 that I looked at my picture and decided to lose weight.  We were trying to get pregnant, and it would be about 5 months later after losing 30 lbs that Drew was finally conceived.

Fast forward to this year... and 49 lbs exactly I'm going back to Hawaii, this time Maui.  Look at the difference!

2011                                    2006

My success?  Weight Watchers off and on over the past five years... and most recently I switched to MyFitnessPal - which is calorie counting.  I compared those two plans side by side for a couple of weeks and opted to go with the free option. 

Another reason for my success: running.  Training for two half marathons will slim you down a bit.  I can't help but revel in my success, I'm rather proud of it.  It hasn't been easy, but seeing the results from one luau to the next is very motivating!

6 comments:

  1. Always been sexy though...Great job Brenda...Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very proud of you sweetie! You really have worked hard and it shows. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!!!!!! You're an inspiration! You are part of the reason I did my first 5k! Keep it up - I need the encouragement! ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, by the way, I love that black dress!

    ReplyDelete