Pages

August 2, 2011

I Could Get Used to the B&B Lifestyle

Since I clearly know how to take a ton of photos I'm splitting up our weekend excursion to Monterey into a series that will be spread throughout the week. 


First up, how we could get used to the B&B lifestyle!  We're already wishing we could go back...




That's our B&B from the "ocean" side - which is directly across the street, and to my back.

Even the parking lot had a Wimbledon-like feel.

And our room was the Monterey - each one has it's own "theme" and name.




And yes, we had a claw-foot tub in the room.  As in the middle of the room.

Later we even played pool on a 100 year old pool table.

  And if I don't tell this story I'll be "disowned", so bear with me while I take you on a side-tangent.  So on our first date, after playing miniature golf, Dave and I went to his bar hangout and played pool.  He casually informed me that if you sink the 8-ball on the break, you win.  Then proceeded to do it!

Fast forward 12 years (almost to the day I might add... just about 10 days shy) and did it again.  On the 100 year-old-pool table.  


I on the other hand sucked like usual.

Every morning we had an amazing breakfast and an amazing view.  This is from our final day there...


 French toast Casserole, sausage and berries, fresh squeezed juice, and some tasty coffee!

We both had to take advantage of the amenities at the B&B including the library!  (yep, that's Dave reading!)

And the patio area.... (the room in the back there is where that pool table is housed).


And in the garage they have several old cars...



Dave had to get in the drivers seat in at least one of them....

We LOVED this weekend and miss it more than you can imagine.  It was really nice to get pampered, served and waited on for a few days.  Needless to say we're counting down to Hawaii....

No comments:

Post a Comment