Pages

May 2, 2011

It's Not Pink Eye - I swear

Double dose of blogs today....

Our morning started with a not-so-quick visit to the walk in pediatric clinic (who knew everyone and their mother shows up on a Monday morning to the walk-in clinic).  The reason, Drew had what looked like pink-eye last night (but also looked like it could be allergies) and then woke up this morning with both eyes looking bad.

I gave him another dose of Benedryl and then we trekked to the pediatrician.  One good thing came of it... Drew weighs over 30 lbs finally (31.6 to be exact).

You can't tell from this picture, but he looked like he had 2 black eyes, and his eyes were really red (worse after we left the pediatrician and he itched them.


Drew happily played with my phone while we waited for our turn...

Diagnosis, just allergy eyes.  Continue to give him Benedryl only once a day and the Zyrtec (which he gets daily anyway).  They also told us to pick up some over-the-counter eye drops which should help cut down on the itchiness.

Am I ever glad I brought him in, as I suspected the teachers took one look at him and asked if I wasn't sure he didn't have pink eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment