Pages

September 25, 2013

Race Bug Bites the Family

On the morning of Drew's Birthday Party my parents and neighbor joined me for their first 10K race - the Delta Harvest Run.  I've done this 10K for the past 3 or so years.  It seems to be doubling in size every year which is great since it raises money for the local food bank.

Here was Grammy and GrampC before the run (all photos are from my cell phone)



My neighbor Julie and I

Still Pre-race - my Dad and I.  I have to add this was not only his first 10K, but his first ever race!


The whole family - Mom, Dad and I


This is the first time I've done a 10K and run the entire distance, I'm usually sick in September and thankfully I was healthy for this one and ran the entire time.  Admittedly my training wasn't where it should've been and I finished with a final time of 1:09:41.

Here is Grammy coming into the finish giving a friend a high-five.

Her final time was: 1:47:41
Dad's  time: 1:44:40
Julie finished about a minute ahead of me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment