Pages

September 27, 2013

Devils vs. Cardinal

On September 21 - yes my mom's birthday - Dave, Drew, and I decided to go to the ASU vs. Stanford Cardinal game, Drew's first college football game.  So the drive down it was pouring. And by California standards it was torrential downpour - by Eastern/Midwest standards it was pouring!  I looked at the weather reports for Palo Alto and they said the rain should stop around 1:30 - 0% chance of rain after that.  Sweet.  So we arrived a the parking lot to do some tailgating around 1:45pm and the rain ceased....

 The boys with their beverages...

And then we handed the camera to Drew... here's what he came up with.


He's just so cute, even if he's not a great photographer yet...
 

No that wasn't his "sippy cup". LOL

So I ran to get the tickets at Will Call while Dave and Drew stayed back at the car, only Mother Nature decided to let loose one last time.  I came back as a drowned rat as the clouds dropped everything they had for about 30 minutes.  I found some cover under a tree with some Stanford fans for about 15 minutes while I waited out the worst.

Drew literally laughed at me when I came back to the car as the rains let up.  I got the sympathy chuckle from Dave when he saw me.  The good news, I dressed in layers so I could shed some and throw my hair up for the game.

We had great seats in the ASU section.



I don't have any explanation for Drew's crazy faces lately.

And here's our first touchdown right after the 2nd half...


We had to force Sparky to do his 7 push-ups.


We taught Drew how to make the fork...


And  Drew lost interest in the game shortly after the game started.  We managed to keep him around until the middle of the 3rd quarter when we decided to bail.


When we left the Devils were getting slaughtered 24-7... but then ASU came back some and we listened to the remainder of the game on our drive home.. the final was 42-28.

On to USC this week... (we're digging on the fact the local viewing of the games in the East Bay is right down the street).

No comments:

Post a Comment