Pages

December 31, 2012

Who's the Ugliest of Them All?

Finally - celebrating the Ugly.  The Friday before Christmas, Dave and I went to my brother and Sister-in-Law's house for their 3rd annual Ugly Sweater Party.  This was the first one I've been able to make (thanks to a sick kiddo the first year, and then being out of town last year).  I have to say, it was kind of fun shopping and creating our ugly sweaters!

We were especially proud of Dave's upside down snowman (notice the jingle "bells/balls").  I can't claim this as an original, rather it was inspired from Pinterest.  We also found out that someone wore something similar last year... oops.  We weren't there so it doesn't count. LOL

Then we had to get a picture with the hosts...


Yes, my brother is wearing thermal underwear for pants....

There were roughly 25 or so of their friends who enjoyed the apps and adult beverages.


Oh and then the parent chaperones.... Kent is Rana's dad, and then Grammy and GrampC.  Everyone was proud of GrampC because he didn't fall asleep on the couch.  He's known to do this and then Matt and all his friends like to draw on his face with permanent marker.  I do believe that trend started one Christmas here at our house.

There was a contest for the ugliest sweater... plus the "bead" game where you can't say sweater, beer or wine.  And the winners are....

Dave 2nd place, the guy in the middle is the bead winner (his wife gave him her beads) and Jimmy won the ugly sweater (but his was for the pants... there was a discussion about whether they were coral or salmon colored).

I think my brother actually won, but being the hosts, they didn't feel it was right to win the prize.  We came home with some booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment