Pages

December 7, 2012

Cookie Monsters

The ladies in my family were at it again last weekend.... we were a couple of cookie monsters.  Well cookie baking monsters that is.



It's our annual tradition, the first Saturday in December the ladies gather to make more cookies than any one person can consume - ever.  In fact by the end of the night I was sure I was going to throw up if I saw another cookie.

Oh and that's just 1 of three tables and a refrigerator filled with cookies!  I got there around 9:30am (earlier than normal since I skipped my typical 5K) and didn't leave until after 10pm.  I think I pulled the last batch of cookies out of the oven around 9:30, so that left dividing up the mountains of cookies.

With one burned batch - we won't say which one of us did that one - I think we ended up with about 21 or 22 different varieties, some of which were double or triple batches.

This is why I bake only once a year... I don't have the patience to do this more than once.  But it's an awesome tradition that I look forward to all year.  Makes perfect sense right?

Brought to you by your bakers..
L-R: Rana, Mom, Me, GG

No comments:

Post a Comment