Pages

November 21, 2012

Halloween: School Fun - Post 1 of 2

Since I'm on a crusade to get all Halloween blogs posted before Halloween I'm going to give you a double dose of postings today.

First up - Drew's Halloween party at school.

Since Halloween fell on a Wednesday, also known as Wacky Wednesday for his TK class, there was some extra fun for his class and teachers.  On Wednesdays Drew who is an afternoon TKer goes in the morning so the teachers can participate in meetings etc.  Because of this the afternoon class was able to participate in the school parade and have a dual party in their class.

I wasn't able to help out for the party, but Dave and I did come for the all-school parade.  I dropped Drew off at his before/after care facility and then waited around for the 30 minutes or so before the fun started.  I did get to see him dropped off at school.

I introduce you to Gingka from BeyBlades - one of the "in" toys for Drew.  They also have a cartoon on the Cartoon Network that Drew loves to watch.  I have to admit that this was a back-up plan for a costume, he wanted to be an Angry Bird and I personally thought those costumes were horrible and I'm wasn't creative enough to put something together, and Gingka was on sale and a happy replacement.

So Drew waited with his best bud in front of class waiting for the teachers to let them in.


That's the pose Gingka makes when he's ready to battle.

They then dismissed the parents to the blacktop area so we could line up for the parade.


You can see Gingka aka Drew showing off his BeyBlade among his classmates.  And then the parade began!

As Drew passed by us, Dave's yelling in the background and this is Drew's embarrassed reaction.  I have to say it was so cute to see all the kids.  I thought it was really clever too that the 5th graders (the school goes up to 5th grade) were all dressed in historical costumes. 

After the parade the kids went back to their classrooms for the party.  Thanks to Shutterfly I managed to see pictures from the event. 

Here's his class photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment