Pages

June 4, 2012

Family History

I know, I know I'm behind in my blogging.  I will do my best to catch up this week. 

We had a special visit yesterday with my Great-Aunt and Uncle who are in their early 90s.  They were our California "Grandparents" when we first moved to California back when I was in the second grade.  We stayed with them for a couple of months while Mom and Dad looked for a house for the five of us to move into.  Of course all of our real grandparents were still in Minnesota at the time - my Grandma didn't move to California until I was in college.

The last time I saw my Aunt Bernice and Uncle Floyd was when Drew was around 18 months... so a little more than three years ago.  Here we are from yesterday - four generations!

L-R: Grandma Geri, Aunt Bernice, Uncle Floyd, Grammy, Drew


L-R: Me, Aunt Bernice, Grammy, Drew

Uncle Floyd and my Mom's Dad were brothers... of nine  children (8 boys, 1 girl), he is the only surviving sibling.  (I think there were nine kids... it could only be 8). 

They are special people and it was a treat to get to spend the afternoon with them.  Mom and Grandma brought some old pictures - some dating back to the early 1900s for them to look at and help identify and it was great to hear some of the family history that I hadn't heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment