Pages

June 6, 2012

Camping Season Begins

In our typical Memorial Day tradition we kicked off the unofficial start of summer with a camping trip.  Dave, Drew and I were joined by our neighbor Julie and her 3 YO son and invaded Grammy and GrampC's annual church camping trip to Jackson (in the foothills).


Drew loves the great outdoors!  Here he is relaxing near the campfire munching on some goldfish.

As we typically do when we're camping here - we visit the Amador county wineries! 


This was a first for my cousin Jodi who was visiting from Wisconsin (not to see us, but cousin Chloe who was born earlier in the month) and a first for our neighbor Julie.

Grammy, GrampC and Jodi in front of Karmere winery.

L-R: Adrina (Uncle Matt's Step-daughter), Drew, Christopher (our neighbor)


And looky here... Drew has his own brand of Syrah!  Don't tell  him it's Empress Drew....
Of course we had to pick up a bottle of it just for the name.  (Thankfully it was our favorite of their Syrahs).


Our neighbor Julie found a Barbera that bared her name... that's a picture of her on the wall.  Do you see any resemblance?  


The kids were really into the outdoors while wine tasting... they discovered a lizard in the shrubs - I believe they named him Tommy (but I could be mistaken... I was a little buzzed at that point).

At Karmere they pointed us to a new winery - well new to us.  They have only been open one year and we really enjoyed them!

 Dave and Jodi posing at Helwig.

Matt and Rana always so photogenic (Helwig winery)

Since the kids were soooo good while the adults had their "juice" we rewarded them on Sunday with a ton of fun activities at the campground (which lead to more adult "happy sauce" being consumed).


Drew and Adrina playing miniature golf.

Matt, Rana and Dave contemplating how to beat me.  I slaughtered them coming in about 9 under par - a first for me.  I'm usually dead last.

The kids then hit the Splash park and then the pool.

Drew jumping to Dave.

Clearly I did not attend this camping trip since there is no photographic proof.  I promise I was there.  I can tell you we were a little nervous when we arrived because it was storming pretty good.  Thankfully the rain subsided when it was time to put up our tent - Grammy and GrampC weren't as lucky.  I don't think their shoes ever dried out.

And I can also tell you we only had one more rainy night - on Saturday - and it died off enough so we could enjoy a campfire.  Whew - what's camping without a campfire!?  It was a successful camping trip because no one got hurt (minus that time that Drew ate dirt) and all the kids got along fantastic!  I think we can handle another trip or two this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment