Pages

May 17, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

The last few weeks have been rather hectic at our house and this past Sunday - Mother's Day was no exception.  I was tortured blessed to see Drew wide awake at 4:30 that morning.  (He had a massive allergy attack the day before and was asleep at 6pm).

Well since Mother's Day apparently means Daddy gets to sleep in, I got up with Drew and put the TV on (yes I'm a stellar parent at that early hour) and tried to go back to sleep.  At 6:30 I gave up and just started getting ready for church.  Dave continued to sleep until about 7:30.

After I got out of the shower the boys found me in the bathroom anxious to give me my mother's day presents.  I told them as soon as I was dressed I would come and open them.  It was a card from Dave, and this is what Drew was so excited to give me....

He brought this home from school that Friday...


The card is apparently a picture of Drew making a face, and in pencil below it says Mom.  Inside it reads:


It reads:
Mommy I love you
for all the things you do
I'll kiss you and hug you
Cause you love me too!
You feed me and need me
to teach you to play.
So smile cause I love
On this Mother's Day

Love, Drew
2012

And here is what was inside...

 My own little flower!

He also gave me a Barnes and Nobel Gift card which comes in mighty handy with my Nook!

After church, I started to try and clean up the house, but gave up when Drew was just wrecking it some more playing Angry Birds.  So I decided since I was up before the sun rose I could take a nap.  I figured the safest spot for a nap was in Drew's bed.  Three hours later I awoke feeling like a new human being.

We hung out with our neighbors for a bit before Dave started making dinner.  Bless his heart he was so proud of himself for having 4 burners going on the stove making me a very nice dinner - Cajun Chicken Pasta with Shrimp scampi on the side.  The special treat for me was I got to do all of the dishes.  I suppose I didn't have to cook or come up with the dinner plan so at least it's something.

C'est la vie.  I guess beggars can't be choosers right?

While I sound ungrateful, it really was a nice Mother's Day.  Right up until the time when Drew gave himself two fat lips after falling out of bed, and I had the "pleasure" of sleeping with him in his twin sized bed for the night because he was waking himself up every 30 minutes or so when he changed positions.

At least I have a healthy family this Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment