Pages

November 14, 2011

Running to San Diego....

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to run 475 miles this year... an average of about 9 miles a week.  This past Saturday I surpassed my goal... running 478 or the distance from my house to San Diego (where I am working through Thursday).  In fact I have run a little beyond San Diego which is only 474.26 miles from my house....

So now it's my mission to get to 525 by the end of the year...

I have done several races this past year and I'm currently training for my next Half Marathon at Disneyland at the end of January where I will meet up with some of my friends.  But yesterday I decided to sign up for a couple of additional races to finish out the year.

First up, will be the Turkey Trot 10K at a nearby city on Thanksgiving morning.  I've wanted to do this run since I heard about it two years ago, and I finally got the courage to sign up this year not for the 5K, but the 10K.

I need to work off that Turkey dinner!

And then in December Dave and I are doing our annual Bah Humbug Run.  Last year Dave pushed Drew thinking he would just walk the 5K route, but he ended up running it - you can get the recap of that race here.

Well this year I'll push Drew in the jogger and Dave will try and break some personal records by running the race, intentionally, and hopefully avoid the week of sore stiff legs that he had last year. He has already started training and is looking forward to crossing the finish line. 

I asked Dave if he wanted to do the Turkey trot with me, and he said he didn't figure he'd be ready in 2 weeks vs the 4 he has to train for the Bah Humbug run.  Rookie...

Here's to a healthy holiday season in our household!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Mel and I are doing the DLand one! Of course, we haven't started training at all and right now I have pneumonia so I am sure to have a stellar finish line. Maybe you can cheer for me at the end after you've been on rides with your family for a few hours. ;

    ReplyDelete