Pages

May 26, 2014

Never S10P

If you paid any attention to the news this year, you know that April 22nd marked the 10th anniversary of the death of Pat Tillman.  It also marked the 10th annual run in his honor.  I believe I've done seven or eight of them.  And on April 26th I joined other ASU alumni, family, friends and strangers on the 10th annual Pat's Shadow Run through San Francisco.


This year's motto - Never S10P (where the 10 represents the 10 years and the "TO" in stop).  I did this run without Dave or Drew this year because they had an early baseball game.  So I joined about 60-70 others to complete the 4.2 mile run - Pat's ASU football number was 42.

Here's the official picture I grabbed from the Alumni Facebook page.


I am just to the left of the person holding the Tillman jersey.

Here was my view when I arrived - this is just before the run.  The halfway point is just before the bridge.


And Alcatraz before the run... it was a great clear day.  You'd never know it was raining cats and dogs the day before.



And a selfie before...

Just a random shot of the gathering before the run.





And here I am on the run... I'm maybe 1.5 miles in...


I've already reached the halfway point, but turned around to grab this gem...


...And selfie...


The San Francisco skyline....


I stopped to take a ton of pictures for tourists - since this race isn't for time, and there was a March for Babies event going on at the same time making the running path tough tough to maneuver - I figured what the heck.  Let some of these tourists get pictures of their party together - with the bridge in the background.

Then about 3 miles in I caught a glimpse of the Palace of Fine Arts..

My "unofficial time" was 50:08 which is terrible, but I was just enjoying the scenes and wasn't in any rush.  I really want to make it back to Arizona for the official race, but I'm not sure when that will be possible.  Drew's baseball season kind of puts a kink in those plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment