Pages

May 15, 2014

Game On!

So I've been a slacker with the blog lately because... well I lost my camera over a month ago!  Thankfully it turned up in a random bag of hand me downs that I left at Grammy and GrampC's... so let the blogging resume!

Just a quick note that we're nearing the end of baseball season.  I've not been as diligent with the updates and pictures of this season (see reason in the paragraph above).  But here's a combined update of what I have...


This is a picture from a game in mid-March:





Drew is really working on switch hitting - and funny thing is one of his buddies is trying to be a switch hitter too.  Drew's a great hitter, but he's working on his fielding - mostly from a focus standpoint and being more proactive to go after the ball rather than waiting for it to come to him.

Here are a few pictures from the Mid-Season Celebration which was May 3rd - they don't do "opening day" here instead they have it in the middle of the season.  These pictures are from my cell phone...


The Yankees had 3 of 8 kids show up for "Opening Day"

They introduce each division and team individually.


Our crazy Yankees!


And a panoramic shot of the entire league - I think there are five divisions going from T-ball to Majors (I think that's what they call the older kids)


We have only a two more games left - and I think we're all ready to end the season.  I think the PC way of putting it is that it's just not as much fun as last year for Dave or I (Drew's having a blast).   But we're already looking forward to great things for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment