Pages

May 24, 2013

Little Leaguers Take the Field

At the end of April (while Dave and I were in the throws of tummy ailments) Drew's Little League along with dozens of other leagues around the Bay Area, paraded on the Oakland Coliseum for the A's and Baltimore game.

We arrived a bit late so the other teammates were already well ahead of of (we were toward the end of the line), but Manager Dave and Drew were able to walk the chalk around the stadium.  


Talk about a field of dreams, huh?  Can you imagine hearing Drew's name announced on the PA system inside one of these ball fields?


I'm not sure who was more excited to take the field, Daddy or Drew.

Dave took the camera along for the walk.  Here's a shot of Drew "catching a fly ball"  on the back fence.


I couldn't walk the field - only players and coaches in uniform - so I went and found our spectacular seats.  Here's a picture I snapped of the boys as they passed by our seats.


We were sitting right in front of the Orioles bullpen.


Drew in front of the A's dugout.


And Daddy overlooking home plate.


We ended up leaving the game after the 7th inning stretch - the A's were losing.  Dave and I were feeling miserable and Drew was starting to overheat.  There were about 4 or 5 other teammates there - of course I was so out of it/sick that I never thought to take a picture of all the boys.

While we were walking out of the stadium we heard the crowd start cheering - that was the first of several runs (I believe it was a home run for that cheer).  We got home to find out the A's ended up beating the Orioles 9 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment