Pages

January 26, 2010

Does This Qualify as Narcissistic?

According to the be-all and end-all of online encyclopedias - Wikipedia defines a narcissist as:
" ... being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, and prestige.[2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness."

Well that about defines every child I know... including my toddler. Case in point, Drew is obsessed, and I mean obsessed with watching videos of himself on our computers.


This was him on Sunday. He wouldn't stop whining until I finally threw YouTube Videos of himself on. Oh and then he whined begged for us to put on a different clip. Thankfully he knows how to replay the same clip.

For the record - he's perfectly happy watching videos on all of my friends blogs too, he just asks to see himself.

So does this qualify as setting up narcissistic tendencies? Would we as parents be considered enablers?

No comments:

Post a Comment