Pages

June 18, 2013

Memory Book Sharing Day

School wrapped up on Thursday of last week, but on Wednesday the parents were invited to the Library at school so Drew's class could share their memory books.
When the kids arrived they first started by singing a few songs.



(Drew is sitting on the floor bottom right in the beige shirt)

Then there were a few presentations to some of the moms who helped man the room and organize all the events.  Once that was done, Drew's teacher passed out the books she scrapbooked of each individual child's year in TK.



It's a beautiful book that we'll cherish forever, just like we'll cherish the year with Mrs. Ferren.



Here's one of the great things that was in the book that I loved - the poem made me tear up when Drew read it to us:


I've worked with your flower,
And helped it grow.
I'm returning it now,
But I want you to know,
This flower is precious.
As dear as can be.
Love, take care of it,
And you will see,
a bright new bloom with
Every day.
It grew and blossomed
In such a wonderful way -
In September, just a bud,
January, a bloom.
Now a lovely blossom -
I'm returning to you in June.
Remember, this flower,
As dear as can be -
Though rightfully yours,
Part will always belong to me
With love Ms Ferren

No comments:

Post a Comment