Pages

April 17, 2012

Sweet Treat

It was an amazing weekend and I'll get to all of that over the course of a few days, but first here's an update of a Sweet Party I threw on Saturday afternoon.  I say it's sweet because it was a dessert party - and you got to eat dessert before dinner!!

This was the first party of this kind I've been able to throw in over two years of trying.  This was courtesy House Party and Weight Watchers.  House Party is something my friend Helen introduced me to more than two years ago when she had a Digiorno Pizza Party during our Kansas City Mom gathering. (I even have pictures on an old post of that pizza party!)  So I signed up and spent the next two years applying and getting turned down.  Well I finally "won" and got to host a Weight Watcher's Sweet Treats "Me" Moment Party.


We served both frozen and baked goods (which were given to me in the way of free coupons - I picked the items).  I then cut the boxes to display what we were eating, the point value (a weight watcher thing) and the nutritional information.

The kids had their own goodies!

That picture was apparently before I put out the cut up ice cream sandwiches for them.  

And then the favors... 

 .... they were the reusable totes, and inside were weight watchers coupons, a notepad, sharpie, and a calendar in which guests are encouraged to mark dates where they will do something for themselves!

The cool thing about these kinds of parties - no one is trying to sell you something like a Tupperware, Home Interiors, or Scentsy.  You simply come and enjoy whatever the party entails.  It's a way for companies to have a mass amount of people from around the country try their products and hopefully through word of mouth and social media it encourages others to try these products.

While I'm not currently following the Weight Watcher's program (I'm using My Fitness Pal now) I was extremely successful using their Points program over the years.  Since 2006 I've lost nearly 50 pounds!

Here's a sampling of the guests....

L-R: Dad, Dave (wearing the host apron we were given), my high school friend Jenn and our neighbor Julie in the background.

L-R: Julie, Jenn, and another high school friend Heather (those are Heather's kids Nikos and Olive).

L-R: Heather, Olive, Jonelle (Drew's preschool teacher last year) and Travis.

It appears I never got a picture of Grandma, Mom or myself.  There were a few other kids as well, but they were outside for a majority of the party. 

I'd say the overall consensus was the desserts were far above everyone's expectations.  Some were surprised to not pick the chocolate creme cake as their favorite baked good but the coffee cake (which was amazing by the way).  As for the frozen food, the leader was the Ice Cream Candy Bar - which was basically a frozen snickers, but healthier!  My personal frozen fave was the dark chocolate raspberry cheesecake bar with chocolate!

If you notice in that first picture we served a Weight Watcher Golden Sponge Cake - which is a healthier Twinkie.  Well then if you look at the kids table we served the original Twinkie.  A few of the adults did the old fashioned taste test.... Surprise Surprise everyone preferred the Weight Watcher's version better than the calorie laden original childhood favorite.  So that was a big score.

Everyone's already asking when I'm going to throw another one!  I guess I better get to filling out applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment