Pages

April 9, 2012

Good Friday Easter Festivities

Sorry for the late updating and posting of all of our Easter festivities - which began on Friday. I had every intention of posting a blog over the weekend, but this mama came down with some sort of bug.  So instead I'm getting a late start this afternoon...

So Friday was Drew's Easter celebration at school.  I've mentioned it previously, but in case you forgot he goes to a Christian Preschool - which we LOVE.  So they really focus on the reason for Easter. I came in for them to talk about the symbolism of the holiday - the rock, the cloth, the cross, the empty tomb etc. 

Then we got to have a bite to eat - which Drew had to leave the table shortly afterward because they were serving hard boiled eggs along with fruit, donuts etc.  He has a major aversion to eggs and vomits at the sight of them.  So he spent "brunch" in the school's library.  And nearly threw up as I was still chewing on my way over.  He thought I was eating an egg, but I was finishing his donut.

He was relieved when it was time for the egg hunt.  Here he shows off his Easter basket he made - which is upside down if you can't tell..


Then the kids went upstairs to where their eggs were hidden.  One of the teachers shows off the jellybeans the class planted earlier in the week... and how they grew into lollipops!


After the kids grabbed one lollipop they were off!  It was nearly impossible to get pictures in the chaos.  They were running all over the place!

The above picture - Drew's in the background.


I managed to snap a picture just after he picked up an egg.

Daddy made a surprise appearance just after the kids finished their hunt and were checking out all their loot.  


School closed early for Good Friday so I brought Drew to work with me for the remainder of the day (which was short lived because that's when I started feeling off).  But while he was there he had some "work" of his own.  My co-worker brought a bag for him to decorate and had some Easter Eggs hidden around the office for him to find.



Ignore my messy desk...


He loved looking at the additional loot he scored!

No comments:

Post a Comment