Pages

February 16, 2011

Italian Stallion Wannabe

My 3 year old has a problem.  Perhaps we should find a support group for him (or maybe us) to learn how to help him overcome his Rocky addiction.

Symptoms: Waking up 2 hours later than normal, refusal to go to school without wearing "Rocky Clothes and shoes", nonstop Rocky Movie watching, humming "Eye of the Tiger" during bedtime stories, doing a spin and run up the "Rocky" stairs at preschool everyday and then air-punching the car, naming the part of the movie he wishes to watch and knowing whether it's on Rocky II, III or IV, hearing the soundtrack and knowing which scene from the movie (and which movie it's from), etc.

Yes, some of these signs leading to a Rocky addiction were spotted yesterday morning by Dave.  Drew woke up at nearly 8am (he has been waking up at 5:30 the past several days) and he immediately announced he wouldn't go to school without wearing Rocky clothes.  So Dave improvised - since we don't exactly have the 80's sweats that the real Italian Stallion wore in Rocky.

Here's Rocky's Sweats:



Here's Dave's Improvisation:


See the gray shirt, sorta gray/black sweat pants and what you can't see from the Rocky photo, is that he's running in converse shoes.  Drew was handed down a pair and now it's IMPOSSIBLE to get him to wear anything else.

And while I was trying to snap the photo on my phone Drew kept wanting to do his "Yo Adrian I did it" impersonation.  So I had him do a few things for you - the ending of this video makes me CRACK UP!



So if anyone has a cure for the Rocky disease, let me know.  It's not normal that a 3 1/2 year old be this infatuated with everything Rocky!

1 comment:

  1. That's Awesome! I sure love my Lil Rocky! Of course I don't remember being this crazy about Rocky at his age. I really think it's the music. That's the biggest thing I remember when I was young....the music. Everyone knows that Rocky Theme!

    ReplyDelete