Pages

December 24, 2014

Hometown Luau

More Summertime posts... this comes to you from a warmer (albeit windier) day in August, when Dave and I attended a luau party we purchased at Drew's school auction.  While I was complaining about the money we spent initially - OMG, this party was over the top!

Here we are at the beginning.  It was kind of funny - Dave walked in the backyard, saw someone wearing his Hawaiian shirt, turned right around and drove home to change.  While he's wearing red here - he came in wearing Navy initially. 


After some delicious Hawaiian BBQ, they had hula dancers around their amazing pool. 


It was like being at a Hawaiian Luau.  The dancers told the story of Hula, Hawaii and various Pacific Islands and their dancing culture.




And then there was a fire dancer!  I told you it was over the top!



We were having a great time!  But it was getting colder and windier by the minute.


And the Fire Dancer moved into the crowd!


At one point she caught her hair on fire.  Oops!  It was really a great party.  We also purchased another auction for a Rager, and I'm pretty sure I posted that on Facebook months ago, I don't think I shared here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment